Search This Blog

Tuesday 13 August 2013

If we are the critics then who is the learner


It was 2:30pm in library and I was feeling drowsy because of lack of sleep. It was not the subject to be blamed but was the timings of the lecture and endless sleepless nights thinking about my future goals but the ultimate  result of this didn’t find me any goal but rather took off my attention from the subject known to be backbiter of your fifth semester results.
Anyway, this was something not in context of what I am going to write about in the coming paragraphs.
 Coming to the point one thing that grabbed my attention was a statement said by ma’am, as mentioned earlier I was not in position to retain everything discussed in that lecture so I have no idea why ma’am said that.
“WE ARE CRITICS, NOT LEARNERS”
Hmm… it sounded so interesting to me and when I thought about it I realized that this statement is very true. Yes, we think that we are critics and almost all the time we judge situations rather learning something from them.  This is the main reason of our failure. In my opinion the reason behind failure is that we hardly learn from our previous mistakes, may be its not you but it has happened with me. These words are so powerful that I can relate it with every situation that I am stuck in. We think we have the power to criticize things because it is an easy way to come out of problems but in reality we never lead to a path which helps in learning new ideas, innovations or creativity. Learning can’t happen until we stop and think about our mistakes rather than criticizing people, situations and life.
For instance we know that the government of India is one of the most corrupted bodies in the world and it is in the hands of few powerful politicians. We know this fact very well have we ever tried to bring a change? I am not talking to the handful people involved in bringing social change but I am questioning this to the masses who just criticize the government. J I guess political problem might be vast and out of reach for a college student to handle but what about our assignments that we never complete on time and criticize our college for it, this is totally in our hands but we repeat the same mistakes all this time, Don’t we?
 
So, Thank you ma’am for reminding me that I am learner and not a critic. I don’t have the power to judge anyone or anything until I work hard to bring a change, and if someone criticizes what I am doing I will accept my mistakes, my missteps and correct them because after all I am learner and learners are meant to accept, learn and succeed. Haina?

No comments:

Post a Comment