Search This Blog

Thursday 4 April 2013

Yes... somehow you are my breath.



It was Saturday morning (the most relaxing day ever because we are busy even
on Sundays completing are pending work) never mind... i was all set to enjoy this
day in a manner which i guess everyone has tried once but the pleasure turned out
to be pain rather. Well the decision was to switch off my phone and cut off myself
from the entire social networking site. I know it sounds terrible and it happened to
me.
Actually the day before my teacher was discussing how she is not using her phone
and that decision had been gainful as she was free from college worries and was
disconnected from all usual tensions. So this is what i did and the result... well I
will come to this but later...
I woke up Saturday morning and immediately switched off my phone, it was 9 a.m.
(full utilization of the holiday, you know late night TV shows and then waking up
late), I did the usual stuff helping mom in cleaning the house, making breakfast
and all but what was excluded that morning was the wish to talk to my friends,
checking whatsapp status (it’s something which i have started few days back).

Time passed by and it was 1 p.m. my hands were all ready to check my
phone, I was getting so eager to switch it on again and waiting to read texts,
whatsapp, hike messages but somehow I restrained myself from doing it. I never
thought that it would be so difficult. I thought of using my laptop to search out
something new but what happened next was a hilarious and shocking as well.
The moment I switched on my laptop and opened the web browser, the URL
that I typed was WWW.facebook.com, although my mind was already preset
to open Google or any other search engine but my actions were completely
opposite to my plan, it was funny and I sat for a minute there laughing on what just
happened and was now complete aware of my addiction towards social networking
sites. At last I did some research work on related to my college assignments but
still I wanted to open facebook so I decided to complete my work faster which I
did because I was not distracted by any facebook status and message tones.
Time was passing very slowly, the situation was getting into my nerves but
somehow I managed and on lunch time, I and mom had all sorts of talk from
fashion to maid problems. It was such a fun to do that I mean after quite long time
I did this, chatting with my mom without nagging my phone screen but it didn't last
long. In between I had hiccups and was all sure that my friends remembering me
(you know, it is said when you have hiccups that means someone is missing you)
i know it’s a myth but at that point of time it was exciting that actually you are
remembered by someone.
Finally I decided to use my phone When it was processing my excitement was on
peak, wanted to read text messages, just like kid explored my phone, my message
box, whatsapp.

The experience I had was way too different than what i’d thought, it’s so difficult
to be away from all connectivity, but at the end of the day Iwas actually at peace.

Giving time to myself, my mom, it was fun and on the other hand I got to realize
that my phone is Oxygen for me (I know it’s not a good sign but I m not the only
one!)
Everything is important I guess from connectivity to giving time to yourself. How
can I forget my phone helps me to keep updated and FB helps me to know what’s
going around in the world. It’s just that we need to manage everything; we should
give time to everything around. Being away from phone helped me sit and think
which we don't usually do. Do we? Addiction should be avoided but total isolation
is a big no.

2 comments:

  1. This post can be really thought infusing. It actually makes a lot of sense, we all should think about it. Good one Jaspreet! :)

    ReplyDelete